Olantern VS Olantern Mini
Both belong to Olight's Olantern Series.
Looked like regular lanterns, yet function much better.
We'll start with a brief general introduction on these two products.
Olantern is an excellent all-around lantern, giving out an even, steady 360-degree lighting distribution. The white light LED module and flaming LED module are replaceable for fun and scenario-based illumination. The white light LED module has 3 adjustable settings: 30 lumens, 120 lumens, and 360 lumens. It is powered by four 1900mAh lithium-ion batteries rechargeable via the magnetic charging cable and runs up to 80 hours. The stable base and the hanging hook are available for several placement options. It is resistant to splashing water and the impacts of daily use. The battery indicator around the button indicates the battery level and fades on and off to reveal the button in the darkness.
Olantern Mini is a compact outdoor light that features a balanced 360-degree beam. It is so small that you can fit it in one of your palms. Its handle also works as a hook, making it easy to carry and position. Its body is mainly made of zinc alloy, allowing it to be tough yet lightweight. The Olantern Mini not only provides a dimmable white light but also a night-vision preserving red light, great for camping or emergency use. The tornado-shaped light diffuser softens the light output, reducing strain on your eyes during long-time use. When the included motion sensor feels a shake, the indicator around the button will light up, allowing you to read the battery level and locate the button in the darkness. It also features a built-in lithium-ion battery that can be charged quickly using the included USB magnetic charging cable. The Olantern Mini is a refined product to light your home and adventures.
As for what do they share in common as well as their differences, I believe the table below will help.
|General Data||Olantern||Olantern Mini|
|Beam Distance||360-Degree Lighting Distribution||360-Degree Lighting Distribution|
|Max Output||360 lumens||150 lumens|
|Max Runtime||80 hours||48 hours|
Four 3.7V 18500 1900mAh Rechargeable
Lithium-ion Batteries (Built-in)
Customized 2000mAh 3.7V 26350
Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery (Built-in)
|Charge Type||MCC3 Magnetic Charging Cable||MCC3 Magnetic Charging Cable|
|Mode Operation||Motion-Sensitive Button||Motion-Sensitive Button|
|Form / Size Factor||Medium Size||Mini Size|
|Lighting Levels||Olantern||Olantern Mini|
|High||360 lumens/6.5h||150 lumens/4h|
|Medium||120 lumens/20h||50 lumen/12h|
|Low||30 lumens/75h||15 lumen/48h|
|Flaming LED||1 lumens/80h||1 lumens/34h(red light)|
|Technical Characteristics||Olantern||Olantern Mini|
|Weight||12.24oz/347g(including battery)||8.43oz/239g(including battery)|
|Light Source||High Performance Neutral White LED|
High Performance Neutral White LEDs
+ High Performance Red LEDs
|Body Material||PC, ABS, TPE, Aluminum Alloy||Zinc Alloy, PC, ABS, TPE, Aluminum Alloy|
|Use||Indoors, Outdoors||Indoors, Outdoors|
|Packaging||Carton Blister||Carton Blister|
· Love the size of these and the two bulb set up (regular and candle) have just done a run-time test (continuous) of one at 84+ hrs using the candle bulb. Excellent. Bought another.
· Works great, can be too bright at times. Just soend a week at Airlie Beach, place was full of bugs but the candle flame doesn’t attract them so this lantern became a favourite at the fishing shack. Only downside is it doesn’t have onboard storage for the spare bulb.
· Out camping and the other campers complained it was to bright dimmed it through its settings they thought it was great so did i, easy to use, great size for camping.
· This lantern is small, but the light it puts out by comparison, is BIG. On low 15 lumens, it lights up a lounge room enough to see where you're going. Medium 50 lumens, you CAN, see what you are doing, no problem. On high 150 lumens, this is the brightest and functional 150 lumen I've ever seen. And you can put it in your pocket. Well, almost.
· I was really happy to see the lantern come out in a mini version. The light itself feels excellent in its materials, its mainly rubberised around the base and top to help protect from bumps and scratches. The light output is great on low and also has a red mode to preserve night vision. The light output is a very bright white, unlike the yellow light of an obulb. The runtime is great at two days on low and the power switch glows red, yellow, green to show battery status. I am very impressed with this as a new product, looking forward to putting it to task.
If you were looking for a camping light, then both Olantern and Olantern Mini are excellent choices.
Olight Australia February Flash Sale Shopping Guidance (2/24 8 pm - 2/25 11:59 pm) (AEDT)
Feb 17, 2022, 15:30:00